Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books. iBooks includes the iBooks Store, where you can download the latest best-selling books or your favourite classics — day or night. Browse your library on a beautiful bookshelf, tap a book to open it, flip through pages with a swipe or a tap, and bookmark or add notes to your favourite passages.
• Download best-sellers and classic books from the iBooks Store
• Find fully illustrated books, including children's picture books, designed art books, photo books, cook books and more in the iBooks Store
• Experience gorgeous full-screen Multi-Touch books filled with interactive features, diagrams, photos, videos and more
• Read a free sample of any book on the iBooks Store before making it a part of your permanent collection
Great ways to read
• Choose from seven beautiful fonts and three easy-to-read page colours
• Highlight your favourite passages and add notes with the built-in bookmarking features
• Share thoughts about your favourite book with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Messages or Mail
• Find a word, character or phrase anywhere in your book with the built-in search feature
• Easily adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment
• Scroll through your books with the flick of a finger using the scroll view
• Use iBooks with the amazing accessibility features in iPad, iPhone and iPod touch — such as speaking the words on a given page
• Print PDF documents and notes you've written in iBooks using AirPrint
• Organise your books and PDFs into personal Collections that appear on all your devices
• Keep bookmarks, highlights, notes and your current page up to date everywhere using iCloud
• See all your iBooks Store purchases in iCloud on your bookshelf
Supports open standards
• iBooks also opens content published in the ePub and PDF formats
• Add ePub and PDF documents to iTunes and sync them to iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
• You can also add PDF documents from Mail to your iBooks PDF Collection
• The iBooks Store is available in many countries. The selection of books in the iBooks Store may vary by country
• Downloading from the iBooks Store or using iCloud features requires an Apple ID and Internet access
• Multi-Touch books created with iBooks Author can only be read using iBooks on iPad or Mac
• Adding books and PDFs from outside the iBooks Store to iBooks requires they be DRM-free
• Some PDF documents may not be compatible with iBooks
What's New in Version 3.2
iBooks has been updated with a beautiful new design for iOS 7.
Apples Flawed Waranty System
I purchase an Iphone 4s, after 2 months had charging problems with the unit. When the unit was sent for inspection it was said to be "Liquid Damage" due to corrosion on the external charging port of the phone. I have insisted that whilst the phone was in my possesion it did not come into contact with any liquid. However apple have insinuated that I am a liar by saying that the phone did come into contact with liquid. Even though the LCI's in the unit were not activated? Therefore Apple usning there own technology have proven that the phone did not come into conatct with Liquid, but still insist that there is liquid damage to the phone? Why does apple install LCI's if they are not going to use them? - Corossion on the EXTERNAL part of the phone, is a poor phone design. This corossion can be caused by various other scientific hapenings: Electolisis, Humidity in the air. If Apples Technicians/engineers do not understand this they should atleast have the descentcy to honour your waranty. Until they honor my waranty I will continue to write this on ALL apple products reviews. DO NOT BUY APPLE PRODUCTS.
Yes the store for books is crap. However If you do own ebooks you can use the Caliber app to convert them to epub if they are not already in the correct format. Then you can read them with iBooks. One of the great features is that if you put the same book on your iPad and iPhone it will track your progress via iCloud. So you can read on your iPad then jump to your iPhone and then back again without loosing you place in your book.
The app keeps on crashing and then I have to restart my iPad before I can continue reading my book. Please fix.
It's such a great app. I would read all my books only on here if the bookstore resembled a decent one instead of only classics. (And the crash problem is fixed, of course).
- Category: Books
- Updated: 14 November 2013
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 31.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2013 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.