Avokiddo Emotions – Playful learning for kids
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
#1 in Apple's list of favorite iPad apps (apple.com/ipad-air/app-store)
Featured in Kids>Main Banner & Education>Main Banner in US, Canada, UK, Germany, Sweden, Austria and more
USA Today: “This gigglefest is a great way to start talking about the emotions”
Today’s Parent Magazine: "One of the 10 best back-to-school apps"
Common Sense Media: - "Hilarious and creative way for little ones to see emotions"
The iMums: “Be prepared to surrender your device!”
Best Apps For Kids: "An incredibly creative and entertaining app that will inspire children to use their imaginations"
Teachers With Apps: “An extraordinary educational tool to help kids develop their social and emotional awareness.”
Give your children a serious case of the giggles when you introduce them to a zany zebra, shy sheep and jolly giraffe. Discover these emotions and more by dressing up, feeding, sharing toys and interacting with them using over 100 uniquely themed props in this endless play funhouse.
Avokiddo Emotions lets kids of all ages explore feelings in an open ended free style playroom. There are no rules or pre-set expectations other than to have fun while learning fundamental social skills. Whether their intent is to make an animal laugh or cry, kids are in control every step of the way. Even the very youngest fans who aren’t yet able to quite grasp emotions will delight in the boisterous atmosphere and soon be able to trigger specific reactions.
Forget static flash cards with dead eyed actors. These animals each have personality to spare and are animated with realistic multi-faceted reactions to a whole host of scenarios. See them jump in response to a horn or alarm. Watch their ears flatten and droop when sad. Make their eyes roll and hear them snort with delight. Don't be surprised to hear some snorts and guffaws coming from your child as well. This app is all about learning through play.
The toothy grins and infectious laughter of the joyous giraffe, shimmying sheep and exuberant zebra will delight your children and provide active engagement and constructive entertainment. Share their excitement in transforming the giraffe into a disco dancer, join the zebra at a Mexican fiesta and join the sheep at his castle. Avokiddo Emotions is a horn tooting, bubble blowing, balloon popping good time.
Features & Highlights
• unlimited combinations of hats, glasses and clothing make for hours of repeat play
• a wide variety of toys, musical instruments, food and slurp-worthy drinks
• dozens of richly nuanced reactions & complex emotions expressed through body language
• language neutral interface without need for verbal or written directions
• lively music and authentic sound effects
• special accessories trigger themed backgrounds and laugh out loud movements
• save the most outrageous creations to the camera roll
• eye-catching, original HD graphics
• encourage imagination & creative expression through unfettered opportunities for pretend play
• practice following directions and answering simple “Wh” questions related to the animals’ responses
• inspire curiosity as youngsters explore cause & effect relationships
• build language as parents help children put names to the many emotions and physical reactions displayed
• develop empathy by connecting the animals' emotions both positive and negative to their causes
• make predictions based on how the animals will respond to various stimuli
Video at www.avokiddo.com
What's New in Version 1.3
Lots of surprises in this version!
New underwater scene triggered by the snorkel.
New props including a delicious pizza (does the zebra like it?).
Improvements in the real-time facial animations.
New paint color patterns.
Updates in Parents section.
Built for the latest iOS7.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 03 May 2014
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 136 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: AVOKIDDO E.E.
- © 2013 Avokiddo
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.