Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
With a beautiful, streamlined design, iMovie puts the focus on your video and lets you tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favourite moments, and create beautiful HD movies and Hollywood-style trailers. And with iCloud, you can enjoy them in iMovie Theater on all your devices.
Quickly browse and share video
• Enjoy your video library in Video browsing mode
• Easily share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Background import and native AVCHD support let you begin watching and sharing your video instantly
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 29 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits in the Outline
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones in the Storyboard
Create beautiful HD movies
• Choose from 15 unique themes with matching titles and transitions
• Enhance your movie by customising titles, transitions, and 3D globes and travel maps
• Speed up and slow down the action with fast-forward and slow-motion effects
• Drag one clip above another to create sophisticated picture-in-picture, side-by-side and green screen effects
• Use colour-coded audio waveforms to find the right volume, fade audio in and out, and create advanced audio edits
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your iTunes library, songs you’ve recorded in GarageBand and even your own narration
Fine-tune every clip
• Instantly improve the look and sound of your video using one-click Enhance
• Give your video a boost with easy-to-use colour controls
• Stabilise shaky video for a smoother picture that’s easier to watch
• Automatically zoom in on faces and glide across panorama photos with the Ken Burns effect
• Choose from 38 fun video and audio effects
Watch anywhere with iMovie Theater
• Fill iMovie Theater with beautiful posters as you share clips, movies and trailers
• Click any poster to watch full screen
• Access iMovie Theater on all your devices with iCloud
• Enjoy on your HDTV with iMovie Theater on Apple TV
Share with friends and family
• Email video clips and projects
• Publish directly to YouTube and Vimeo
• Share on Facebook
• Upload newsworthy video to CNN iReport
• Post to Youku and Tudou
What's New in Version 10.0.2
• Fixes issues that could cause iMovie to quit unexpectedly
• Resolves issues that could cause sharing to fail
• Addresses a situation where the Share button would not respond
• Resolves situations where project thumbnails appeared blank
• Fixes an issue where high resolution photos appeared green on some computers
• Resolves cases where Crop, Ken Burns, and Map features were not accessible on computers using certain languages
• Includes general stability improvements
I’ve been using iMovie for years and I used to love the application.
I’ve upgraded to this version (10.0.2). Everytime I import clips from my Sony HD camcorder, these clips lose audio as soon as they have been imported.
I can successfully play the clips within iMove, but while they are still on the camera (before importing).
Basically, this software is useless to me right now as I can’t edit any movies without audio.
What went wrong?
Loved this app! It was SO useful & efficient for my journalism class… Now, since I upgraded both my software & the app, it constantly freezes when I try to use it & the image in the playback also freezes but the audio keeps playing. And when I have it open, it slows down my entire MacBook & I can’t use any application properly :( Its horrible! Please fix this issue and provide an update asap!
- Category: Video
- Updated: 23 January 2014
- Version: 10.0.2
- Size: 1.94 GB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 1999-2001, 2003-2014 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9.1 or later