**** As featured by Apple in “Apps for Designers” ****
Desktop Publishing for Mac. A powerful, intuitive page layout application, perfect for anything you want to design and print.
iStudio Publisher makes it easy to create stunning, professional quality documents, including newsletters, brochures, adverts, flyers, booklets, invitations, menus, reports, posters, greetings cards, and yearbooks. Start with a professionally designed template or a custom sized blank document.
Anyone can master iStudio Publisher quickly, regardless of age or experience.
New to desktop publishing and page layout? Our video tutorials and Rapid Start Guide will get you up and running within minutes.
Experienced? You'll love iStudio Publisher’s sophisticated features, such as writing text along any path, text flow linking, two-page spread editing, booklet making, drag and drop page duplication and reordering, tools for complex shape construction, and comprehensive built-in help.
The user interface places everything in easy reach, so you spend more time creating and less time finding elusive features. It has all the tools you need to design great looking documents, whether for professional artwork or school homework projects. Comprehensive Inspectors hold everything to manage your layout and to format shapes, text and images.
The result is an uncluttered desktop that’s a pleasure to use, with more space for getting the job done.
**** Questions or technical queries? Please contact us via our support email ****
iStudio Publisher has all the features you'd expect from a layout package:
• Shape size and alignment
• Stroke style, color fill and image fill
• Character and paragraph styling
• Text columns
• Text wrapping
• Support for Apple dictation
• Quick Look document preview
• Tabbed document windows
It also has some great sophisticated features:
• Master pages
• Custom page sizes
• Font sizes up to 9999 pt
• Contextual info bar showing all key modifier combinations
• Keystroke constraints for shape editing
• Comprehensive hyperlink support
• Page duplication and reordering
• Separate thumbnails window – drag and drop document organisation
• True spread editing – place content across the fold
• Automatic page numbering
• Bleed and crop marks
• Export documents as PDF booklets and readers spreads
• Flow text between shapes and lines, across pages and spreads
• Multiple document views, with independent zoom and view settings
• Working space at the side of document pages, which isn't printed
• Smooth pan and zoom up to 10,000%
• Text in any shape, at any angle
• Text along any line or curve
• Powerful control over shape corners
• Set multiple shape properties simultaneously
• Insert multiple plain text, RTF and media files (image/PDF/AI) simultaneously using drag and drop
• Adjustable snap grid
• Independently set opacity for stroke, fill, image and text
• Text inset for any shape
• Multiple text columns in any shape
• Sophisticated text inset and outset – smooth contours around complex shapes
• Rulers that auto scale and auto label
• Live preview mode
• Auto save
• Show baselines, text glyph outlines and text wrap runarounds
• Stretch text horizontally and vertically
Tools to help you design:
• Comprehensive Shape Library
• Powerful Head Up Display shape creation
• Reshaping Tool – edit any shape's nodes and curves
Powerful image manipulation and cropping:
• Change DPI
• Comprehensive scaling and fitting options
• Align, flip and rotate images within shapes
• Image tiling – create a repeating pattern from a single image
Compatibility and sharing:
• Insert plain text, RTF and media files, using drag and drop or copy and paste
• Insert a wide range of media types including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, PSD, PDF, EPS and AI
• Export PDF, booklet PDF, PDF with readers spreads, EPUB and RTF files
iStudio Publisher does not include support for Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input.
iStudio Publisher 1.4.1 contains a host of new features, productivity boosters, improvements and fixes. Here are some highlights:
• Corner Inspector
Add corner styles to any shape vertex (where two straight lines meet), and create a huge range of inspiring shapes with ease. Choose from: radius, scoop, chamfer, notch, and several loop designs. Adjust corner size, smoothing, apply to vertices of any angle, and select which angle ranges to include. Corners retain their proportions as shapes are modified. Several Shape Library designs have been reimplemented and significantly improved by using these new corner capabilities.
• Info Bar, with comprehensive contextual help and keyboard shortcuts
Discover contextual keyboard shortcuts as you work, to supercharge the Toolkit and Shape Library without having to refer to the help pages! A huge productivity booster.
• Keystroke constraints for sizing and positioning shapes
All shape tools and drawing tools have been enhanced with keystroke constraints, to provide proportional resize, resize straight line segments along their own axis, resize about the center, ignore snap grid, constrain rotation angle to 5 degrees, and rotate about opposite corner. The new context-sensitive Info Bar identifies all available options.
• Context-sensitive popups, showing shape size, position, angle and snapping constraints
Displayed when drawing, dragging, rotating and editing shapes.
• Visual drawing aids added to shapes during creation and editing
Includes a global bounding box, diagonal cross, center point, and protractor (during angle adjustment).
• 'Sticky' drawing tools and library shapes
The Caps Lock key now persists the selection of all drawing tools and library shapes - select once and draw many.
• Highlighting shapes when dragging a selection rectangle
Provides invaluable visual feedback of what will be selected. Use the Shift key to include partially enclosed shapes. Another productivity booster.
• Align, distribute and snap all take the new corner styles into account
• Duplicate selected shape(s) by dragging with the Alt key held down
• Align single shapes
Single shapes can now be aligned to the page center or page edges. When spread editing, the nearest page is used.
• Keyboard modifiers for nudging shapes with keyboard arrow keys
• Export any document as a PDF file with reader spreads
Reader spreads display a document as it appears when assembled as a booklet or magazine: first page on its own followed by facing pages side-by-side.
• Pinch to zoom when using a trackpad
• Maximum font size increased from 576 pt to 9999 pt and more standard font sizes added
iStudio Publisher can be used to create very large posters without the need to scale the final exported PDF.
• UI precision of mm and degrees increased to two decimal places
• Combined Zoom Tool replaces separate tools for zooming in and out
• View zoom range increased (1%-10,000%)
• When inserting, pasting or dropping PDF-based content onto an empty area, add it at full-size
Ideal for filling out PDF forms and for adding PDFs requiring annotation.
• Tabbing round selected shapes shifts the view to bring out-of-view shapes into view
• Image Tool makes any image movable by double clicking on it, regardless of fit/align settings
• Stroke width included when hit testing shapes for text addition/editing
Provides selection consistency between different tools and selection activities.
• Dragging in of external text and images improved to make the target tool/selection consistent.
• New document windows are now wider and positioned at the screen center
• Pages/spreads centered when adding, duplicating, moving, removing, or navigating between
• Font loading when iStudio starts up now occurs as a background activity
Provides significant load speed improvements for large numbers of user-installed fonts.
For the full list of new features, improvements and fixes, see the Release Notes in iStudio Publisher’s help pages.
Ratings and Reviews
For all the negative commnerts going around about MS Publisher I had found it an excellent publishing programme for many years. When I bought my Mac I couldn't find anything nearly as simple and good as MS Pub. Well, iStudio Publisher is the answer for me. Easy to use, helpful tutorials, extensive tools and applications and super fast email support. This sounds like it's been posted by iStudio! It is however a review from a thankful customer.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.