Looking4Cache is a app with a wide set of functions around the fascinating hobby geocaching. With direct access to over two million geocaches on Groundspeak´s Geocaching platform you can search for a box nearly everywhere.
In seconds you can store geocaches including all informations like the last logs, the waypoints and the images to your device over the direct API access (for this please read the annotation on the bottom). Or you can import a gpx file or a pocket query. All data will be stored on your device for offline usage.
Log your founds with images and trackables instantly or after your trip in the app. You can upload fieldnotes to the geocaching website too. And this not only for you but also for your complete team.
One of the highlights of Looking4Cache are the offline maps from OpenStreetMap like you found nowhere else. Choose and download the maps including contour lines directly in the app and use them in dead spots or in foreign countries without roaming costs. You can download whole states or complete countries.
With the ability to cache completely offline your battery will be conserved. To save more power the GPS accuracy will be switched based on the distance to your next target.
Here a list of the key functions:
- through the Geocaching Live API
- load Pocket Queries
- import own GPX and GGZ files
- Live Map: See surrounding caches
- GCVote integration
- Supports corrected Coordinates and pers. Notes
- add Geocaches to lists
- use a lot of filers and sorts
- swipe a cache to build lists for your next trip
- Offline topo vector maps
- Online OpenStreetMap, OpenCycleMap, MapQuest, Bing
- Online Apple Maps
- Send coordinates to other navigation apps
- for multiple users
- with a log draft
- log Travelbugs, with auto-visit too
- save logs locally
- Create and send GPX files
Integration in iOS:
- search for GC-Codes in Safari
- open GPX files from mail
Attention: To access the geocaches you need a user on Groundspeak´s Geocaching plattform (.com). According to your membership type the amount of data is restricted. Basic Members could load 3 full cache descriptions per day and up to 6000 basic descriptions. As a Basic Member the geocache search is restricted to traditional caches. To get full access and use all functions of this app you should have a premium account.
Attention: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This version contains some small improvements and preparations for new iPhone models. Please support L4C by writing a review or update your rating.
- Adoption of the iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR screen sizes.
- The geocaching user profile can be opened. For this, make a long tap on a geocachers name.
- Safari Extension works fine again. Changes to the website have been taken into account.
- GDPR page can be accepted on all iPads.
- Looking4Cache UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
- 39.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Looking4Cache UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
- In-App Purchases
- Hillshades R19.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.