By Mimecast Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This app allows you to access Mimecast’s Cloud Services from your iPad or iPhone. If your organization uses Mimecast Services for email security, email archiving or email continuity, this app provides seamless access to key services including the ability to:
- Instantly search and access content in your Mimecast personal email archive
- Access your ‘Online Inbox’ to keep you connected to email 24x7 – even when your corporate email server or Outlook access is down
- Manage your queue of messages on hold due to suspected spam
- Report a message as spam
So whether you’re on the road, in a meeting, or just away from your desk, you can be more productive with the Mimecast Mobile App.
To start using this app, simply download it – its free, select Add Account, and enter your company email address and password. The app will then automatically connect to the Mimecast Cloud giving you instant access to all the features available. Trouble connecting? If you are having trouble connecting to the service, it may be because you have a different password set for your Mimecast Account or that your IT department hasn’t enabled mobile access for you. Contact your IT department to help you get connected. Not sure if your organization uses Mimecast? Your IT department will be able to tell you. If your organization is already using Mimecast, encourage them to let you access the service from your mobile device so you can be even more productive.
Access to the Mimecast Mobile app and services available through the app are dependent on the Mimecast Services your organization subscribes to.
For more information about Mimecast visit www.mimecast.com
***Explanation of Permissions***
The app accesses your device contacts so that you can select them when addressing emails. The contacts are only ever stored on your device and Mimecast does not have access to them at any point.
What's New in Version 2.5
- Refreshed message preview
- Subject of an email is now more prominent at the tops of the screen
- If Mimecast has access to the Avatar of the sender it will be displayed
- Contacts within an email are now interactive when selected:
- Full email address is viewable
- Address can be copied
- A new email can be created to the address
- Increased application security:
- All Mimecast data stored on the device is now encrypted regardless of the general device security settings
- Mimecast data is always encrypted during transit and is never decrypted on the device
- Support for iOS 8
Fixes from Previous Releases
- Various bug fixes and improvements
- End of support for iOS 6
For further information please review the Platform Retirement and End of Support for Apple iOS 6 article:
- Category: Business
- Updated: 26 January 2015
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 5.7 MB
- Languages: English, Italian
- Developer: Mimecast Ltd
- © 2015 Mimecast Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.