OurHood is a private online platform for neighbourhoods. Launched in South Africa, OurHood lets neighbours share information and gets them talking. Live in a host of African countries, OurHood is connecting neighbours and strengthening communities.
Use OurHood to share information such as:
- Crime incidents and suspicious activities
- Notices about lost pets, trustworthy nannies and babysitters.
- Tradesmen recommendations
- Local events taking place
- Items for sale or borrow requests
- Ideas for neighbourhood improvement (neighbourhood watch groups)
Conversations are divided into useful categories and notifications can be carefully controlled – so users don’t get bothered about things that don’t matter. Eg. When a Crime Alert is posted, an SMS is sent to every user in the relevant neighbourhood.
OurHood users need to be verified before they can join a neighbourhood, usually by uploading proof of address.
Bug fixes and enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Love the update! Very clean and clear - and the fact that our local community group has its own section. Great work!
Very slow - crashes - no content
App very slow - crashes and sign in taking forever.
Next update - all content is missing. This app is getting worse, should only publish when stable.
Doesn't sign in
The app doesn't complete the sign in. I am using the sign in with Facebook option. So for me this app doesn't work on an iPhone 6
- OURHOOD (PTY) LTD
- 9.7 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © OurHood (Pty) Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.