By Claus Bonnhoff
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
rcFlightbook is a very useful utility for all remote controlled helicopter and airplane pilots.
Finally you’re able to manage your flight information anywhere and directly after the flight. The time for taking notes manually at the airfield to copy them onto your computer at home, has passed.
You keep track of the management of all your models and batteries, which allows you to get the necessary information about the batteries’ life cycle, the time of flight and the current consumption of each model.
rcFlightbook may allow you to work with multiple pilots, models, batteries and flight locations.
If your device features a GPS receiver, the geographic coordinates of your flight can get stored via rcFlightbook and will be found the next time automatically.
rcFlightbook is specially designed for iPhone and iPad, in which each device owns an optimized operator’s interface.
The lite version is limited to only one pilot, one model and three batteries. As well the GPS functions are disabled.
- You can use two batteries per flight, to handle battery packs like 2x6S for a 12S model.
- Each model may have its own maintenance interval. When the number of flights up to maintenance are achieved, you will be warned to maintenance the model first and the model is marked in the model list.
- You can enter flight times up to 9hours and 59minutes with a separate slider button. This was a wish from glider pilots.
- There is a flight timer in the misc tab. The timer can count up or down. When counting down, you can not only enter the time, but also a reminder beep every X seconds as well as an alert beep when there are less then X seconds left. If you use an iPhone and vibration is active, the device will vibrate as well. After the time has expired or by pressing the stop button, you can insert the Flight immediately with the correct flight time. You can also pause the timer and restart it with the pause button.
- In the misc folder you can take a look at a map with all your locations and send an email to your friends with an automatically generated GoogleMaps link to show them the location on GoogleMap.
- The list of flights has a toggle button to show all flights or only the flights of the current year. This makes the list much clearer and raises performance
- You can enter the internal resistance of a battery after each flight now.
- You can save and recall 3 presets for a flight time.
- Models may be sorted into a different order.
- You can assign rechargeable batteries to a QR Code, which you simply scan when entering a flight. To create a QR Code, just open the Battery Detail View and click the QR Code button. The QR Code is automatically displayed in Safari, allowing you to save or print it. QR Codes refer to the name of a battery. If you prefer to create your QR Codes on your PC, you may do so by generating them for your specific battery names.
- Dropbox support, replaces old import and export functions
What's New in Version 1.62
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 18 May 2015
- Version: 1.62
- Size: 10.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Developer: Claus Bonnhoff
- © Claus Bönnhoff
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- rcFlightbook full versionR84.99