Showmax gives you access to thousands of hours of the best local and international series and movies. There's something for everyone, from familiar favourites to the best blockbusters. It's available on multiple devices so you can enjoy the best entertainment at home or on the move.
(Content images for illustrative purposes only. Actual content may vary per region.)
We regularly update the Showmax apps for iOS and tvOS to bring you new and improved features, bug fixes and improved stability. Please keep your app up to date and let us know your feedback at showmax.com/contact.
Ratings and Reviews
Good App, Needs improvement
It is a pretty straightforward app that allows you to search for movies and series. You may also download content to watch on your device. The main limitations are:
1. Navigation when viewing content is primitive. You can jump ahead or back 30 seconds. There is no option to skip intro.
2. While watching content, no easy option to view synopsis.
3. Device limitations. They don't just limit simultaneous viewing, but also the number of devices you can login from. So if you use a phone or tablet just to "find" content, without actually watching on that device, each will count towards the device count limit. Eventually, you will be "blocked" on one of the devices. Very frustrating.
Cool app but need some UX
Some suggestions to make it the best:
- Can you please fix the slider. When I try to fastforward or rewind it does not seem to work. Evertime I tap on the circle it hides (Very frustrating😤).
- After I watched a video, can you please give an option to delete the video? If you say something like "Delete and play next episode"?
- When I tap on the account icon on the top left the back button sits on the right top (Where I expect it is on the top left). Or make it a close or X, that makes more sense.
- Why does videos expire? It will be awesome if videos did not expire because I sometimes forget where I watched last time...
- If I lock my phone and unlock it, the episode/movie automatically starts to play if it was opened in the App even if it was paused (Can you please make it paused after I locked and unlocked my phone).
If it see this changes I will rate it full sars⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Very happy with the Showmax app, so user friendly. I love that I can download shows to watch later and have the choice of what quality I want (ie how much data). So handy to have the next episode of a series on the homepage to continue watching. There is also a line on the list of episodes to show what you watched last and indicates which ones have been downloaded.
I wasn’t a fan of watching TV on cell phone but this app has changed that.
- Showmax s.r.o.
- 74.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Showmax, All rights reserved
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.