The Standard Bank app gives you full visibility of your accounts and total control over your money. It’s secure, simple and fast. Give it a try and tell us what you think.
Simple day-to-day banking
• Easy payments and transfers
• Buy airtime, data, SMS bundles and electricity
• Send cash vouchers to anyone with a cellphone
• Low-fuss international payments
Take control of your money
• Open a savings account online
• Edit your payment limits, stop cards, or order a new one
• Get stamped statements, bank letters and tax certificates
• Check your balances without signing in
• Submit and track building insurance claims
Everything in one place
• One view of all your Standard Bank accounts
• Manage your vehicle and home loans
• Get vehicle loan pre-approval
• Link your accounts to your share trading profile
• View your Stanlib investments
Note that the availability of some features may depend on the region where you live.
You’ll need some data to download the app for the first time, but data charges no longer apply when using the SA app itself. If you have a connection, you can do your banking!
Transactional features are available to Standard Bank accounts held in South Africa, Ghana, Uganda, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Lesotho, Malawi, Swaziland and Namibia. Keep in mind that some types of payments include transaction fees.
The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited is a licensed financial services provider in terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act; and is a registered credit provider in terms of the National Credit Act, registration number NCRCP15.
Stanbic Bank Botswana Limited is a Company (registration number: 1991/1343) incorporated in the Republic of Botswana and a registered commercial bank. Namibia: Standard Bank is a licensed banking institution in terms of the Banking Institutions Act, registration number 78/01799. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is regulated by the Bank of Uganda.
• When making international payments, you can now easily repeat a previous payment you've made
• We've redesigned the UCount screen, giving you a clearer view of your tier and the rand value of your Reward points
• Made a number of UI improvements to the day-to-day payments UI
• If you already have an AutoShare Invest or Tax-Free Investment account, you can link it to the app
• You can link your car loan and insurance policies to the app, even if you don’t have a transactional account
• Dashboards have been moved into a separate menu, making it easier to switch between them
• You can now sign out from the home screen
• Added a new background image to the sign-in screen
• Melville Douglas has been moved to the My360 app
• Various other minor bug fixes and graphical improvements
Found a bug? Got an idea? Send your feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
New update was a bad move
New update has completely wiped my card from the screen and I can’t see the card or anything. Deleted app and re-downloaded yesterday and it worked for 10min. Closed the app to do a transaction on another (more functional) bank’s app and when I opened app to see if it reflected, cards had been wiped again and I can’t see anything. Tried to add a new account or a new card (even though I’ve had this card for 3 years and had no problems prior to the new update) and it says it’s already linked. The app was perfectly fine before. And now it’s non-functional and crashes a lot. How is it that there are reviews from March chronically this but now in June it’s still doing the same thing?!
New update (March 2018) does not work at all! Keeps showing error when trying to make payments. Please fix it.
Easy to use. Only snag is that when making payments, if a company is already a registered company, the app does not allow you to make a payment using the usual route of entering the account details, but instead, forces you to restart the process using the company from their database. The issue with this is that the account number is not visible, only the name of the company, so you can't check if you are using the correct account, especially in cases where there are multiple options (eg: any of the universities).
Update mash up the good app
You recent update of the realy mash up the app that was nicely working. You have raken away the functionality of send a paymenr receipt of after which is really bad because it qas so convenient.
It also confusing how and where to log out. The biggest frustration is that after you made a payment you don't it is done successfully because it takes you to transfer or payment screen and caused that did the transaction again to find out I duplicated the transaction.
Plwase do something about it. It really frustrating. I assume nobody tested the functionality after update waa developed.
- The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited
- 129.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The Standard Bank of South Africa Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.