Make space for the issues that matter. The Guardian app gives you breaking news and full access to all of our award-winning journalism.
Support independent journalism by upgrading to the premium tier - the most rewarding way for you to experience The Guardian, set to the pace of your day.
With the free app you can:
• Access the full range of The Guardian journalism
• Stay up to date with live news and sport
• Receive breaking news alerts
• Keep reading even when you’re offline
• Save any content you want to keep for a later date
• Make it yours by choosing which sections appear on your home screen
• Follow your favourite stories, writers and football teams for personal notifications
• Enjoy award-winning audio, video and interactive content, as well as full-screen galleries
• Read comments on articles and share your own thoughts
With the premium tier you can enjoy new ways to explore the journalism you love:
• Live - a new and faster way to catch up on every breaking news story and all the latest developments as they unfold (available on iPhone)
• Discover - a new way to explore the best stories, recipes, long reads and more at the moment that suits you (available on iPhone)
• Enhanced offline reading - download the day’s news before you travel, or whenever suits you best
• Experience the app advert-free
• Play our daily crosswords
• Access specially curated content
This app is totally free to use. If you choose to upgrade to the premium tier, your payment will be processed by Apple. Upgrade by selecting ‘Support the Guardian’ from the app’s navigation menu.
Premium tier subscription automatically renews monthly unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You may turn off auto-renewal after purchase by going to your iTunes Account Settings.
Please note - while Apple's Family Sharing feature can be used to share apps between up to six family members, it does not support the sharing of in-app purchases (as described in https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203046). This includes the auto-renewable subscription to the premium tier of the app, and you will therefore not be able to share any subscription purchased via iTunes Store with family members. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to advise you further.
Terms and conditions:
No wifi? No problem. Enjoy quality journalism on your schedule with our enhanced offline reading feature, available in the Premium App. Download the day’s news before you travel, or whenever suits you best.
We value your feedback, so if you have something to share then email us at email@example.com.
If you’re enjoying the app, please leave us a rating and a review.
Ratings and Reviews
Objective writing and really interesting articles spanning g a broad spectrum of topics. My go-to news source. Fantastic app, definitely recommend it!!
Best news app
The app is great, the writing and articles are excellent
Intelligent writing and analysis, and humour! What a pleasure.
- Guardian News & Media Ltd
- 131.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Guardian News & Media 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Monthly Subscription R94.99
- Premium tier subscription R84.99
- Premium tier subscription R59.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.