The newly improved Sunday Times app delivers local and world news and analysis, investigative journalism, business, opinions, fashion, recipes and much more to your tablet or phone. Read the latest edition of SA’s biggest Sunday newspaper in a fast, easy-to-use digital format – it’s even available offline.
Our subscribers also receive additional news and lifestyle content published by the Sunday Times editorial team throughout the week. Need assistance? Contact our call centre on Tel: 0860 52 52 00 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The newly improved Sunday Times app delivers news, investigations, opinions, fashion, food and much more to your tablet or phone. Read the latest edition of SA’s biggest Sunday newspaper in a fast, easy-to-use digital format.
Ratings and Reviews
App seems clunky and needs more updates
Current app is a big improvement over the previous version, but still need a lot of work. I keep hoping there will be updates to improve the app, but it seems like all development has stopped? Main issues for me:
(1) Love having the PDFs available on the app – but they never load! So I sit for ages watching the wheel spin and the PDF never actually loads. Not sure what the point of offering the PDFs are if they never load when we try to access them.
(2) App should work with iOS gestures – e.g. swipe from left hand side of screen goes back to the previous screen.
(3) Pressing “back” arrow should take you to the back screen, at the point at which you were. For some reason it takes you to the top of the article list so you have to scroll through again to find your article.
(4) Back arrow needs to be larger.
(5) Bad UX design in putting the hamburger menu icon on the right, and yet the menu opens on the left.
(6) Should have a setting menu in which users can adjust the text size to be bigger than it currently is.
Overall, Tiso Blackstar has done a good job with their websites, TimesSELECT app and Business Day app. The Sunday Times app seems clunky and badly built in comparison.
Like the new app.
Some improvement suggestions:
Bigger back button
Show “Read” articles
Bigger sub header buttons & fix to bottom
The app shuts down after a few minutes of reading and one has to sign in again which is very annoying. Why isn't there a "remember me" functionality for quick sign-in?
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.