Experience the magic of GPS audio walks, cycles, drives and even boat rides with VoiceMap tours in over 120 cities worldwide. They’re like podcasts that move with you, to tell stories about what you’re seeing right now.
VoiceMap’s tours are produced by insightful local storytellers, including journalists, filmmakers, novelists, podcasters, and tour guides. Sir Ian McKellen has even created a tour. It's around London's West End, where he has performed for over 50 years.
* VoiceMap works offline. After you download a tour, the audio will be available offline along with an offline map.
* With GPS autoplay, you can focus on your surroundings, not the screen. Just load a tour, plug in your headphones and let VoiceMap guide you.
* If you do wander off in the wrong direction, VoiceMap will play an audio alert, and you can follow the map on your screen to the next location.
* With hundreds of free and paid tours, VoiceMap offers huge variety.
Reviews and Testimonials:
"High-quality self-guided walking tours...Narrated by local experts, they provide insight into corners of the city sometimes overlooked by regular guided tours."
“Great value for money, interesting and very clear and easy to follow! I learnt lots about London I didn't already know and I have lived here over 30 years.”
London’s Alternative History Tour
"I loved the tour, bought all of the New Orleans ones you had and have already recommended it to two people. As an amateur photographer who likes to take his time it was great. I will without a doubt continue to use the app."
Faith & Courage: Metairie Cemetery Stories, New Orleans
“Loved this! Real eye opener for me as a new resident of Singapore who thought this only an island of foodies and engineers. LOL! Please produce more soon!”
“I did my first VoiceMap tour and the Chanel tour blew me away. I can only recommend.”
Coco Chanel's Paris
"My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed this 'talk and walk'. A real eye opener and superbly narrated. This is a first class experience, our first with VoiceMap, and we look forward to using this program frequently in other cities. "
Witches Riots and the Cold War, Berlin
**Just so you know, GPS runs in the background while you're on a tour. This decreases battery life and it's best to start a tour with your device fully charged.
* We have new tours in Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and French coming soon, so we've translated our user interface into all four languages
* General updates and optimisation
* Full iPhone X optimisation, at last!
* We've fixed Facebook sign up for users who have the Facebook app
* We've also squashed an intermittent bug that prevented the Explore screen from loading on some devices
Ratings and Reviews
What an experience! My road included Matjiesfontein several times in the past, but never before has the visit been so rewarding. Thanks so much!
What an experience!
I downloaded a route that I have walked many times on my own and Voicemap gave me an entirely new perspective on my surroundings. It's amazing how great storytelling and a well told anecdote coupled with amazing scenery can transform the way you see the world around you. Highly recommended.
I have learnt new things about where I live (Cape Town) through this awesome app! I did the first Thursday's walk, and it was very informative. I also did the "steam punk" fictional walk which took me to a different world. A great app.
- Audio Guide Pte. Ltd.
- 57.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Xhosa
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 VoiceMap Pte. Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- $1.99 VoiceMap audio tour R29.99
- $2.99 VoiceMap audio tour R49.99
- $0.99 VoiceMap audio tour R14.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.