Secure medical chat & referral. Vula helps primary healthcare workers to send referrals directly to medical specialists. Basic version is free forever.
Make and receive referrals for 15 specialities, including Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Dermatology, Emergency Medicine and Ophthalmology.
- Get quality referrals with the clinical information you need to decide whether to see the patient or not, including photographs.
- Say when you’re on call or off duty - no more referrals when you’re not at work.
- Get a sound notification when a new referral comes in and attend to it when you’re not busy with a patient.
- Chat to the primary healthcare worker to get more photos or information.
- Make a well-informed decision about whether you need to see the patient in person.
- Archive the case when you’ve seen the patient: that deletes the information off all phones and only keeps it on a secure server.
For primary healthcare workers:
- Short forms guide you in making a referral with the information each speciality needs most.
- Save time! Referrals go to the person on call at your referral hospital, so you don’t need to phone around to find out who that is.
The app was designed to help rural healthcare workers connect with specialist centres quickly and efficiently. We aim to strengthen the referral networks that already exist, to save everyone time, and to help ensure that patients get the right care when they need it.
Minor bug fix on push notifications
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use.
Easy to use and great for clinicians practicing without specialist support.
Personally I do not like that the ID number, name, surname and contact details of the patients are required fields. Should be able to ask a clinical questions without the breach of confidentiality.
Better health for all!
Connecting rural health workers to specialists and improving healthcare.
- Mafami Pty Ltd
- 26.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Mafami (Pty) Ltd 2018
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.