WatchChat is the first app that allows you to send and receive WhatsApp messages on your Apple Watch. You only need to scan a QR code and then you are ready to roll!
With WatchChat, you can
- access all of your WhatsApp chats (and group chats)
- reply to chats via keyboard, quick replies, dictation and scribble
- use a variety of different keyboard layouts*
- view pictures (and zoom into them in native resolution)
- listen to voice messages
- customize quick replies and chat font size
- start a new chat right from the Watch
- archive chats
The currently supported keyboard layouts are:
- QWERTY (English)
- QWERTY (Español)
- QWERTZ (Deutsch)
- QWERTY (Italiano)
- AZERTY (Français)
Setting up the app for the first time only takes 4 simple steps:
- open the app on your Apple Watch
- open WhatsApp
- in WhatsApp, go to "Settings" > "WhatsApp Web/Desktop" > "Scan QR Code"
- scan the QR code that will appear on your Apple Watch after 10-30 seconds
- if a popup comes up, just try again, it will work out eventually :)
As this is a 3rd-party-app, I would really appreciate if you had suggestions for further development so I can take your ideas into consideration. If you encounter issues while using the app, don't hesitate to contact me, I am more than happy to help.
Please keep in mind that, as the app isn’t officially affiliated with WhatsApp, available features and functionality are subject to change. To keep up with everything, the app has been updated about once per week since its release in 2017 - I am always looking for ways to offer new features or improve the existing ones.
- "Contacts" made available again
Force-touch the chat list and hit "Contacts" in order to start new chats/ browse all the chats you have
- fixed an issue that sometimes only displayed 1 message in a chat
- improved update speed
Ratings and Reviews
Took me all of 5 min to do it. Messages pop up that I have a WhatsApp I can see my WhatsApp images!!! Worth the money ! Would recommend to everyone!
Only works when phone app is open
Don't see the value in only being able to use the app on the watch if it is also open on my phone? Perhaps the developers can assist?
😁 easy setup
App works well
- Alexander Nowak
- 32.8 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2018 Alexander Nowak
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.