By John Kennedy
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
If you need a quick way to determine if you should bother setting up your telescope, or just want to know if that bright 'star' is actually planet, this is an app you'll find very useful.
What's Up? displays the locations of the Sun, Moon and planets on a simple grid display representing the sky. There is no augmented reality, no motion tracking: just take a peek at the display and know what's up.
(For a complete 3D rendered augmented reality and motion tracking solution, please try the award-winning companion app 'Pocket Universe').
Slide the time-bar forwards or backwards to see if your favorite planet is going to appear soon, and from which direction.
If you already own Pocket Universe, this app is similar to the "Currently Visible" display mode, but - dare I say it - a little prettier, and quicker to use.
* Displays the location in the sky of the Sun, Moon, Planets and Pluto.
* Tell at a glance which objects are good for observation.
* Moon phases are displayed.
* Link to Wikipedia Page for more in-depth information.
* Southern Hemisphere supported.
* Network support only required for Wikipedia access.
Please note: Localizations are limited to Planet names.
What's New in Version 3.2
This update fixes a few bugs, and improves the Watch features.
* Fixed the bug with 'realistic' preference not being saved properly.
* Fixed bug with Watch app not refreshing its view.
* Added a Glance view to the Watch app.
* Added time, location, and LST to the Watch app.
Many thanks to the Beta Testers (including WQ, PO, and BQ) for trying out the app. Your help is much appreciated!
Please do get in touch if you want to beta test the inevitable next version, or if you have feature suggestions.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 10 October 2015
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 34.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Swedish
- Developer: John Kennedy
- © Copyright 2010, 2015 Craic Design
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.