WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
• Adding contacts using WhatsApp is now easier. You can enter a phone number and check if it's on WhatsApp before saving it. Tap "New Chat" > "New Contact" to get started.
Ratings and Reviews
New voice message update is exactly what I needed!
The most recent update of voice messages is exactly what I've been waiting for! Voice messages have become such an important way to communicate over whatsapp now and the new update allows me to write notes or work in something else simultaneously while listening to my voice notes. Thank you. Plus, I can close my screen and still listen - saving battery life.
The only other thing at this point I'd love to see are more quality options for sharing large videos or images. Ie: be able to send your content in either a high quality version or dramatically smaller and compressed version (to save data). With that, could you also display how long a video can be to be sent completely, as I've had situations of videos I've made being cut in half due to (I'm assuming) length or size.
Thank you for constantly making this app even better!
Upgrading a Mobile Phone
I was disappointed that when I changed cell phones from iPhone 5s to 7 I lost all my Whatsapp histories. I had thought Whatsapp had its own saving method. I hadn’t saved Whatsapp to the iCloud. I didn’t think that was necessary. Anyhow I found that kind of disappointing.
I wanted to send Whatsapp’s to myself e.g. when I need to make a quick note about something. I couldn’t do that on my new phone. I had to create a group Whatsapp and delete everyone else but me. Then only could I send Whatsapp’s to myself.
I get a lot of joy out of Whatsapp. I like knowing that a message is delivered or read. I use voice note to help me memorize stuff. We use video calls to be in touch with loved ones.
Fantastic, just wish it had better watch support
WhatsApp is a fantastic app that I would be absolutely lost without, I can keep in contact with loved ones from across the globe without the need for a roaming SIM card. The only thing I desperately wish it had is better accessibility on my Apple Watch. I know that some 3rd party apps have begun to develop this but I would really like to have this as a plug in to my existing app, with the functionality to view conversations, images, play voice notes and reply and view full messages all from the watch and not just the conventional notification on the watch face.
The above stated is the ONLY reason this app doesn’t get 5 stars. But all round an AMAZING app 👍🏻⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 139.5 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.