By Wikimedia Foundation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Official Wikipedia App for iOS. Wikipedia is the free encyclopedia containing more than 32 million articles in 280 languages, and is the most comprehensive and widely used reference work humans have ever compiled.
* Better search results with short descriptions of matching articles
* Search for and read Wikipedia articles written in any language
* Quickly share facts as image cards or text
* Saved pages for when you don't have a data connection
* Prominent image and description at the top of many articles
* High resolution image galleries
* Related article suggestions at the bottom of each article
* Nearby articles for exploring your current location
* Swipe left for quick section navigation table of contents
* Wikipedia Zero: data charges waived for participating mobile operators
Contribute to our translations:
Open source repository:
To send feedback in the app tap:
W > More > About the Wikipedia app > Send app feedback
What's New in Version 4.1.7
Hey everyone! We have a small update for you. It’s just some minor fixes, but we hope they make the app better for everyone while we work on some bigger changes.
- Fix several crashes
- Localization updates
Before we go, we want to tell you that we've been busy working another—more exciting—update, and can't wait to share it with all of you! We're so excited, in fact, that we'd be really happy to have you as beta testers! As a beta tester you can:
- Get pre-release versions of the app before they hit the App Store
- Help us shape the Wikipedia app to better serve you, the user, by providing crucial feedback
- Have the love and appreciation of all the people working on the app
If you're interested in helping us with the next (and future) updates, send an email to email@example.com and ask for a beta testing invite. When we publish the beta in a few weeks, you will receive an email with instructions on how to download the current beta, and once you get set up, you’ll be notified every time we upload a new beta.
Hope to hear from you soon, and thanks again for using the Wikipedia iOS App!
- The Wikimedia Reading Team
Weak search results
Very often the search results are "no matches found" but when you search the same item in the www version of wikipedia then you get a bunch of results. I find the app meager at best.
After the last update the lack of searchable content still persists. No point to this app might as well just huge the online version
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 03 August 2015
- Version: 4.1.7
- Size: 7.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Armenian, Arpitan, Asturian, Avaric, Azerbaijani, Bengali, Breton, Catalan, Central Bikol, Chechen, Czech, Danish, Dimli (individual language), Dutch, Esperanto, Faeroese, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Gujarati, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Hunsrik, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Karachay-Balkar, Korean, Lithuanian, Lower Sorbian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Occitan, Oriya, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Rinconada Bikol, Romanian, Russian, Scots, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Upper Sorbian, Vietnamese, Yiddish
- Developer: Wikimedia Foundation
- © 2015 Wikimedia Foundation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.